Discussion #2
In this post I will be discussing the topic of immigration between Latinx countries and the United States. As I was reading the reading assigned by Maria Garcia I come to notice that she attempts to unsheathe the true intentions behind the great waves of immigrants from Latinx countries. That would be that their intentions were more shifted towards economic reasons rather than political reasons. Most immigrants claiming they are heading towards the United States in refuge for a safe heaven actually have more than one country in their proximity that can serve the same purpose of a safe heaven as the United States. However, these countries wouldn't have that much to offer economically as much as the United States which is what Garcia highlights to be the determining factor in these "refugees" decisions. My question is though, if an immigrant family is unable to maintain economic conditions necessarily to their survival in their own country,why should they be deprived and judged that they sought refege economically in the United States?
Comments
Post a Comment