Discussion # 3

 In this post I will be discussing ethnic studies in public schools.This is a very hard subject. While I am against ILLEGAL immigration, I feel that these people deserve the same education everyone else is getting. Why else would they call us America "The melting Pot" if we're not even providing any manner for melting or accepting other races and allowing them to receive the same education as is? I feel that ethnic studies can be beneficial as long as the course content is monitored. That is because I feel like we will teach hatred in our schools otherwise but we each have to know our own culture. That is because EVERYONE, no matter what their background may be, carries a rich heritage and background and in order to teach acceptance and eliminate racist thoughts, we must be able to spread this heritage and culture so we can all be knowledgeable and accept each other. The video includes many statistics they present of people of Spanish backgrounds not attending school in order to undermine the importance of ethnic studies being that since Spanish people dont even go to school, why should there even be a class where we learn about their heritage? However, a lot of Caucasian people drop out of school and have poor attendance but does that stop the system from providing history class? 

Comments

Popular Posts